Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm home

Arrived safely on US soil Thursday afternoon. It feels so great! Really I practically knocked over my dad hugging him at the airport. I've already checked three things off my "American foods I'm craving" list. Thin Mint Blizzard on the way home from the airport, Waffle House breakfast yesterday morning, and for dinner last night... can you say PIZZA from Mellow Mushroom! I've also started working on sorting out my life here. Already picked up a new cell phone and reactivated my old number. Text or phone if you have the number... as I'm trying to update my old contact info. Picked up a few applications for some part time work and will start looking for a car next week.


But this weekend, I'm celebrating. Tonight several of my best friends are headed my way for dinner. Tomorrow grandparents, uncle, and a sister or two will make the journey for church and lunch afterward. In the midst of it all I'm still trying to get on the right schedule. Going to bed at what is an appropriate EST time 10 to 10:30 both nights, but waking up so so early. Yesterday exactly at 6AM and this morning at 5:30. At least I have a sweet dog, Tootie, who is cool with keeping me company until my parents who can sleep to a decent hour are up.

Lots of updates to come... of my time at Taize and in Paris. Stay tuned.
Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Dori said...

So glad that you arrived home safely :)