Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, June 26, 2009

Whirlwind week in Bristol

This was the last full day with all the cousins together and I think it would be safe to say were are all so exhausted... good exhausted mind you, but exhausted none the less.  I thought showing them around Bristol only would mean a little less activity, a slower pace and I guess that has been slightly true, but we have still managed to have some really late nights.  I think my favorite part of this visit has definitely been the time we've spent communicating and sharing about our lives.  We've grown up under similar circumstances, but our journeys in early adulthood have been so different and that just makes for exciting things to share.  We're all Georgia girls at heart, but no one's really lived in Georgia for years (Janell's in NC and Em's been in the Bahamas, though she is now moving to D.C.).  Despite our varied journey's there are places where our lives have moved similarly.  Listening to other stories I think is so helpful in understanding your own.  I'm sure all this sounds cryptic and I apologize for not having a better account ready for you of all we've done and seen, but it is late and as I said in the beginning I'm exhausted.  Pray for us as we begin to say goodbye tomorrow.  It will be tough to adjust to life where I'm not a part of this trio daily.  


Just, Margaret

0 comments: