Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More about games...

One of my favorite things to do each day is play the word games from the Merriam-Webster website. Lately I've been really intrigued by the Jumble crossword. I have to say that I'm pretty good. Take today's for instance I completed it in under two minutes. It does take a little practice to learn to think about words in a different way. But if you are looking for a way to strengthen your vocabulary I can't think of any way that would be more fun. Another great website for vocabulary practice is FreeRice.com. Why is it called "Free Rice," you ask? Well for every analogy you get correct the website donates 20 grains of rice to people of need around the globe through the UN World Food Program.

For a treat, today I've included a word puzzle that was forwarded to me by my grandparents last week. Try to solve it, check out the websites, and have fun. Margaret

What nine letter word in the English language is still a word when each of the nine letters is removed one by one?

Check back tomorrow for the answer.

0 comments: