Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two posts in one day

I thought about only posting the answer to the word game today, but I have had such a great day that I wanted to share.

First of all I must put this in context, usually the fourth Wednesday of each month is the most stressful workday. It's the day we distribute commodities and I'm in charge. Today all that went off with few problems mostly because everyone was in such a good mood. Why such good moods? I'm not sure,but the glorious weather couldn't have hurt. The temperature was a perfect 80 degrees with a slight breeze to keep everyone outside cool and the gnats away. The sun was shining and it just made everything look so new, so much like Spring was really here. Then this afternoon I went out with a volunteer to inspect homes for housing repair and they were the most well kept homes I had seen in all of the inspections I've done. It was really phenomenal. Most of the homes I've seen have been close to falling apart and definitely not clean, but these few women took such pride in the place that they lived. It was a pleasure to check out how we could help them. Plus on the drive to get to each of the homes it felt like I was seeing this community anew for the first time. I'm serious. I saw places I'd never noticed before and places I'd seen a thousand times seemed to have a different glow about them. It was such a blessed day.

Hope your eyes will witness a similar miracle today, Margaret

0 comments: