Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Trying not to be too ambitious

I've thought about what to write next pretty hard and I even hesitate to actually post something two days in a row. I'm afraid I might be pressing my luck and even worse building up my readers' expectation. Quick side note: That last statement sounds pretty optimistic. "My readers"... I'm not even sure if I have one. And while I'm on the subject, it seems to me that the whole concept of a blog is a little self centered. This statement is definitely not meant to apply to all blogs. I get the appeal of those that are on a particular subject or a specific hobby. But even with all of my optimism I have a hard time believing that some random person would want to read a blog just about my life. So that leaves us with the question:

What should be the focus of this blog?

I did consider possible subjects before jumping out into cyberspace with a blog again, but I really couldn't decide on just one thing. So many interests come to mind... I love to watch movies and I thought about making this a movie review page. I'm a knitter. Perhaps this blog could become another of the many forums for exploring that craft. Of course I can't forget my passion for green/sustainable living practices, but I'm not sure I know enough about that to make this blog interesting. And that's the ultimate goal of blogging right!? First, to create a web page that people want to visit again. And second, if most bloggers are honest, to find some self worth in the popularity of their site.

For now I think I'll let the subject of this collection of posts remain a mystery. At least in the philosophical realm I won't have the excuse of not having anything to write or share? Theoretically if the focus is the mystery of who I am, how I feel, and what I do then the possibilities are limitless. So I guess I'm back where I started and have decided to let this blog become one of the other billion that's just about me.

Margaret

0 comments: