Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, April 18, 2008

What are you doing for Earth Day?

Today I was hoping to take off a little early from work, but I'm not sure that will work out. Earth Day is just around the corner and as the youngest and closest thing to a eco-justice expert on our staff I'm in charge of planning our activities. I've always loved celebrating Earth Day, but it does take some thought to plan activities that will be significant to a wide audience. For me taking steps to live green make so much sense. It's also a justice issue. Global climate change is a problem that is largely initiated by the world's wealthy nations and is most devastating to those living in economically depressed regions. Anyway, I don't want to get on my soapbox. I guess I'm just trying to say that you should try to do something on Tuesday to learn more about eco-justice yourself or share what you know with someone else. So what are my plans... well, I'll be wearing green of course and joining the rest of my work community picking up trash around town, putting up water and energy conservation notices around our campus, and leading a discussion on appropriate responses to eco-justice issues in our community.

0 comments: