Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Vacation

So I know that it appears that I've slipped off the face of the earth this past month.  And I hate to make excuses, but I do want to say that I have had my computer with me most of the time with the purpose of blogging, but have been out of wireless range.  Anyway last week my dad took a few days off and we all headed out of town for several days.  Our destinations were Americus to visit Mom and Pop, Broxton to visit Grammy and Granddaddy, and Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia.  Callaway Gardens is spot for international tourism and is basically what it sounds like a very large and beautiful garden resort.  Below are some of my photos. 


Mom and Dad in the Victory Garden.  (Sarah and Rachel, my sisters, went on the vacation too, but I don't seem to have any photos of
 them... I'll look in Mom and Dad's photos and try to post one later.)


We were all especially looking forward to the Butterfly House.  


I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we enjoyed having time to be alone together as a family... movies, Mancala, good food.  Just great.  

Just, Margaret


0 comments: