Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, August 15, 2008

Searching all day...

This post kinda typifies the days I've been having at home and part of the reason I haven't been posting a lot this summer.  After having a job doing something I love hanging around with my family and just being a part of family life at home feels kinda... ordinary.  Don't get me wrong its an ordinary that I enjoy and that I am positive I will miss when I head across the pond in a month or so.  


Its Friday and my parents have this tradition of going to Waffle House or Starbucks  or like today Atlanta Bread Company for breakfast.  So after coffee and danishes I accompanied my mom on the "errands" she had on the agenda for the day.  She was searching for several things to send along with my sister Sarah on a visit to newly moved-in Rachel... a mattress pad- even though she has this plush apartment the bed's like one you'd find in a dorm- and a frame to replace one that cracked during the big move-in.  I didn't really have anything that I needed, but I decided to think of a task for myself to entertain me through a day of riding all over town.  (Just a quick sidenote... you may be wondering why I can't just go home... well as of Thrusday I have no vehicle.  My car sold!)  My task (should I choose to accept it) was to find a pattern for a new scarf I wanted to make before I left for the UK.  I love to knit and I love looking at and for patterns, but today was a little ridiculous.  Four stores and hundreds of patterns latter still nothing.  

If any knitters out there have any good patterns they'd like to share I could really use some new ideas.  A few of the parameters... the yarn I'm planning on using is medium weight, I was hoping to try something beyond the regular garter stitch, but I'm not up for any crazy cables.  

Just in stitches (I know that's really corny but I couldn't resist), Margaret 

0 comments: