Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I couldn't be happier!

This weekend I was with my best friends, the Nine (see photo in post below).  We haven't been all together since last Christmas... which after living within several feet of each other in college was way to long.  During our times apart we communicate by email... usually once a week, but at least once every two weeks.  I think we would all tell you that it was time to recharge.  We can only go so long without sometime together and since JM is back in the states and I haven't left yet the long weekend was the perfect time for our get together.  

During the weekend, someone was talking to a new boyfriend on Skype who asked what we did when we were together.  I suppose for someone who hasn't ever been with all of us when we were together this was a perfectly reasonable question, but kinda a hard one to answer.  Megs thought of the easiest answer "we eat."  Its very "southern"  I know, but I think our fellowship around a table which is what we makes it so special.  [Although, the food is always pretty great too.  As we've gotten older and further away from college, we've moved from eating out at our favorite college restaurant to cooking together.  This weekend's big meal was grilled chicken, grilled salmon (for the pescatarians), grilled corn, asparagus, and my chocolate cake for dessert.]  Back to the fellowship, I never get tired of hearing all the awesome things happening in their lives.  I can't really put it all into words.  We just start back where we left off and celebrate with each other all the awesomeness that has come in between time of seeing one another.  I can't wait for the next time we can all be together.   

Just, Margaret

P.S.  This post should evolve a bit.  I didn't take many photos this weekend.  That one of the great things about having nine of us around... someone usually designates themselves as the "official" photographer of the weekend.  So as I get photos I'll add them to this post.  Hint:  Blair and Laura.  

0 comments: