Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Inspired

Today my college roommate- Jane Marie- and I went back to our Alma mater, LaGrange College, to share with the faculty and staff about what we are doing now.  Kind of an inspiration for the new school year kinda thing.  So we put together a slide show... we ended with the slide below with the thought that our administration, faculty, and staff have changed the world because of the difference they have made in the lives of their students.  

I decided to post this yearbook type page from the presentation of us, well, for two reasons.  One is that I've been meaning to add a photo of these best friends for a while.  We were good friends in college (we graduated in 2006) and have continued to communicate with each other weekly.  They are a vital part of my life and I'm grateful for their friendship.  And I'm also so inspired and proud by all the good they do.  As you can see below, we all work/have worked/or studied social service fields.  They are incredible and give me hope.         

Just, Margaret

P.S. I'm the person in the red shirt and the captions correspond clockwise or counter clockwise from there.  


2 comments:

BEAT said...

I LOVE that you used this photo. Love. This made my whole day!

Dori said...

I love the photo and you all look like great ladies who are on the path to do great things in this world. What an inspiration you all are indeed.