Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, September 13, 2008

11 days (and trying not to count)*

So I'm into the final days before I leave for my crazy adventure in archaeological studies and I would be lying to say that the nerves haven't begun to set in.  I'm trying to remain centered, but sometimes all the "what ifs" begin to overtake me.  I've always been this way at the beginning of school year, but this time so many new things abound.  I guess its not surprising that it can all feel a little overwhelming.

To keep me from going completely bonkers, my mom and I have this new little joke.  Anytime I'm beginning to think about all the amazing, but overwhelming firsts I'll have next year we joke that my new altar ego this real outdoorsy girl named Greta is going to take over.  Its pretty silly, I know.  I guess its a mom-daughter thing.

Just, Margaret

*In regards to the title of this blog, I want to clarify that I am very excited about moving to the UK, but I'm also a little sad about what I'll be leaving behind.  So my goal is not to think about how long I have left in the US, but just enjoying the time while I'm here.  

1 comments:

JM said...

Gooooooo GRETA.
I think that's a cute idea!
(and if I could do it, then you are golden)