Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hiking boots and waterproofs

Part of the orientation for my graduate program in archaeology will include a four day field trip at the beginning of the term along the coast of Devon to explore archaeological sites along the way to Exmoor National Park.  So my task today was to try on waterproof hiking boots and waterproof "over trousers."  Part of me can't believe I've actually gotten myself into a program where one of the requirements will be to play in the dirt.  Its not exactly the type of thing I'm used to.  Then again that's part of this adventure... discovering more about myself.  


I still haven't found the perfect gear, but I'm sure I will.  Next big task will be figuring how to get it all over the pond without exceeding luggage requirements.  Now that's the real challenge!

Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Oops. I accidentally rejected Dori's comment. So sorry, Dori. Thanks for reading.

Dori has left a new comment on your post "Hiking boots and waterproofs":

Your adventure sounds so exciting and I'm so excited for you. When I was a kid I wanted to study something like that. It appealed to the adventurer within. :-) Of course I also wanted to be a fashion designer back then. I was a wide-ranging kid. I can't wait to hear more about what you get up to with your studies. :-)