Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, October 10, 2008

A few more reflections

Okay, so I intended to write a long post today detailing more of what I did on my field trip to Devon, but after 2 three hour lectures and a really long email to my girlfriends back home, I'm just a little worn out.  As a compromise I'll post a video I took in a boating museum we visited in Watchet and work on another post for tomorrow (which incidentally is my birthday).  The video illustrates rope making, which may not seem really exciting to some of you, but I found it really neat and the Maritime Archaeology students were enthralled (well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration... just watch the video).  


Disclaimer:  Turn down your sound.  I inadvertently got a lot of the noise from the rope spinning contraption.  And its a little long because its the whole process.   



Just, Margaret

0 comments: