Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, November 9, 2008

15 minutes... go!

You could say that this has been one of my busiest weeks yet and oddly enough I only had two lectures last week.  But with the presidential election, Bonfire night festivities, a Rotary club meeting to attend, and a Rotary Club Service Project midweek, I feel like I haven't really just sat since last weekend.  Even now I only have 15 minutes in between studying and going to the MethSoc gathering tonight to write a quick post.  Where to start?


I actually began some practical archaeology work this week!!!!  How awesome is that?  And how depressing that I didn't have my camera with me to take photos?  Okay so we didn't actually break ground, but we were taught how to conduct an earthworks survey.  I don't really have time to explain so I'll let Wiki do it for you today.  Needless to say it was awesome except for all the math.  [smile]  I'm an archaeologist not a mathematician.  Who knew I would one day actually use the Pythagorean theorem in my chosen profession?  

Other fun things to share... Bonfire night is the absolute coolest "British" thing I've experienced so far.  And it was even followed by a vegetarian "bangers and mash."  What is Bonfire night?  Well it involves burning a catholic revolutionary in effigy... and fireworks... and cups of soup... and a small parade of children pretending to be the angry Anglicans.  Now that I'm writing all this down it sounds kinda barbaric.  A great holiday for pyromaniacs though.  I guess I must kinda have a little of that in me because I loved it!  [smile]  So glad I didn't spend the night with my nose in a book.  

Promise to post photos of Bonfire Night and my service project with the Bristol Rotary Club sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Whew just one minute to spare...

Just, Margaret

P.S. Thanks to Dori for the I Love Your Blog Award... I'll nominate some of my favorites later.  

1 comments:

Dori said...

You're welcome :-) You have a great blog!