Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I can't believe I took these.

Wednesday we went on another archaeological exploration.  This time to the mouth of the Severn River. A harbor near Bristol... actually I was under the impression that it was about 7 miles away, but it took about an hour to get there.  Go figure. [Smile]  The whole day was fun.  Just nice to be out of the classroom and away from reading and writing for a while.  The end of the adventure found us on the opposite side of the River from where we started on a sandbar at low tide.  The midgets were horrible and by that time I was beginning to get a little tired of wandering around from place to place looking at decaying boats.  Not that I don't get their historical significance and I agree that they should be given English Heritage preservation rights (which they currently don't have... any English who would like to help raise awareness for this site, click here to view the site and then join the petition by writing English Heritage and asking that their historical significance be recognized), but there is a reason I'm not getting an MA in Maritime Archaeology.  I have to say though that the sunset and these photos would have been worth looking at decaying boats for another couple of hours.  I don't mean to brag, but I think these are awesome.



Just, Margaret 


2 comments:

Dori said...

Both photos are gorgeous! I epecially love the second one where the sand looks dark. Beautiful :-)

Mike Golch said...

Great photos,thanks for sharing them.