Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What can I say?


This is a historic day.  Waking up to the hopeful words of our President-Elect, broadcast over the BBC 4 airways I might add, I was inspired and moved to tears.  Although the election is over today is really a new beginning for this nation, one in which I plan to be a full participant.  So that's my challenge to you today.  It takes a good citizen to exercise their right to vote, but it takes a greater citizen to call upon their government to remain accountable to the platforms on which they were elected.  Further it takes a great citizen to not rely only on their elected officials to initiate change.  So whether you were chanting "YES WE CAN" with Obama or "COUNTRY FIRST" with McCain, its up to you as a member of our national and international community to live out those mottos.  The world is watching our response.  


Just, Margaret

3 comments:

Dori said...

This was a glorious moment in our history and it had me weeping as we watched it here. As you said, it is up to us to be true citizens and work together :-) I am so inspired.

Dori said...

Hey Margaret,
I hope you're having a great weekend. I have an award for you at my blog. I love your blog and I wanted you to know :-)

Mike Golch said...

I believe that YES WE CAN ,sould be the words that lead this country back to greatness.just as the late great President Kennedt said"Ask not what you country can do for you Ask what you can do for your country!"