Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, January 23, 2009

A British tea in Georgia


A few days before I left Georgia, my mom, Aunt June (not really an aunt, but a dear family friend), and I sat down together for tea.  Our menu included tea imported from Bath, Cadbury chocolate, wedding cookies (a Southern delicacy homemade by my grandmother), and blueberry scones baked by my mother that morning.  The scones were made using a recipe we found before Christmas.  They don't taste exactly like scones I've had in England, but pretty close and dare I say it... a little better... maybe its just the extra sweetness of being homemade by my mom.  [smile]  I'll try to get the recipe from my mom and post it soon.  See photo below of our "tea party" with my mom on the right and Aunt June on the left.  

This other photo obviously has nothing to do with the "tea party" pictured are my dad and our sweet dog in front of the fireplace.  During my last week at home our warm Southern winter was replaced by several bitterly cold days... which meant we could use our fireplace.  I love sitting in front of an open fire.  There is just nothing better... so warm and inviting on a cold evening and there are usually few days in Georgia that it gets cold enough to really enjoy the warmth.  

Just, Margaret  


0 comments: