Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Monday, January 19, 2009

MIA

I feel like I need to apologize for my absence.  I think that these 19 days (25 if you don't count my mini post on New Years) is the longest I've gone without posting since beginning this blog.  I won't try to make excuses except to say that I've tried over that time to consciously live into all the moments I've had while at home on vacation.  Some of you already know this, but when I left the US on Saturday I began a nine month period of being away.  Nine months isn't the longest I've ever been away from home, but it will be the longest I've ever been in a different country.  And no matter how great the internet (aka Skype and email) is for keeping in touch its just not exactly the same as being able to pick up my cell and call friends or family whenever.  And knowing that I can't just decide to take a long road trip back to Georgia from Louisiana or even North Dakota is a little hard.  So please forgive my absence and perhaps consider it a reminder of the joy that can come from living in the present.  


Just, Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to "hear from you again" All your pals at Sager Brown can't wait to get caught up with your adventures------bill

josgigi said...

margaret! Welcome back to Bristol! Miss ya =D