Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The list

So I'm trying to be proactive about having significant experiences before I leave in September and decided to make a list of things I would be really disappointed if I didn't get around to doing before I finished my year in England.  Here's what I've thought of so far:

  • Visit all the fountains in Bristol.  
  • Play backgammon in a pub.
  • Find a really unique souvenir.
  • Take a train somewhere.
  • Spend a day walking around the countryside and have a picnic on public land.
  • Visit the Lake District.  
  • Become a regular at one of the local cafe's.  
  • Spend a day channeling Mary Poppins and go galavanting around the city on a carousel horse and dance on rooftops with an umbrella.  Okay so maybe this is a little crazy, but it is my favorite movie. [smile]
This list is really incomplete, but I'm going to continue to think and maybe I'll add to it as I can.  
Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend attending the Braemar Highland Gathering located near Braemar Scotland. Its the 5th of September. This is an outstanding event, lots of fun, Royals in attendence, and spectacular scenery. Not sure if you will still be there, if not I still recommennd visiting this area of Scotland. bill