Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, September 4, 2009

On the verge of tears

I feel overwhelmed by emotions today... a not so unusual feeling these days. I write this not really to complain or seek companions with whom to commiserate. In fact, I actually feel blessed by the opportunity and capacity to feel and experience emotion. And when my eyes do begin to tear its more a catharsis than annoyance. I'm not sure I can articulate why I am so capable of weeping these days... stress from my tight deadline looming, joy at completing another year of study, excitement at the possibility of being home in Georgia in a month and four days, anticipation of my parents arrival in Bristol in just two weeks, uncertainty of where my journey will next take me, rapture at the natural changing of seasons, sadness at having to say goodbye to the place that has become my home and to friends.


So many seasons of my life are converging these days and I weep, but in a good way.
Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Dori said...

Enjoy this wonderfully varied season of your life :) Have a great weekend!