Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smells like September...

I emerged from my writing cocoon for a quick afternoon jaunt around the neighborhood to pick up a few fresh ingredients for my dinner (tomato, pesto, and mozzarella sandwich and baked breaded zucchini sticks... in case you were wondering). And I was overwhelmed by the feeling of September. Sounds odd, I guess. Buts it like how something can taste or smell pink. The day with its late afternoon sunshine and slight breeze just felt September. But what really took me off guard was it wasn't a feeling of just British September, but of Georgia September too. The day reminded me of those first few days of each college year when the anticipation of the opportunities that might present themselves are somehow tangible or the excitement of the first high school football game of the season and I could almost smell the gloriously fried delights of the state fair.


Its autumn!

Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Dori said...

I know exactly what you mean....I love this time of the year :-)