Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Bristol Blue Door

One of my favorite things about living in this city and being a pedestrian (well, aside from the fact that it is so much more eco-friendly) is that everyday I can observe something new about the city.  Amazing is the continuity within the city of form and aesthetic.  Maybe its intentional in some places, but I like to think that mostly its not and that the city has taken on a life of its own that flows through the various boroughs and communities.  A silent reminder that she is the uniting force for all the people gathered here.  A signature color I've observed throughout appears to be a rich blue seen in signage, commercial areas, and residential.  The actual hue is difficult to describe, kinda a cross between primary blue and navy with the depth of indigo.  Lovely color.  I've decided someday when I have a more permanent place of residence it will be the color of my front door, my personal tribute to the city and the year I've spent here.  I've no photo to accompany this post... I'll work on that.  


Just, Margaret

0 comments: