Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Productive day and its only 11:15

Blaeavon World Heritage Site, Wales

After a field trip (see photos above) yesterday that left me completely knackered, I went to sleep early. And consequently being well rested, I woke up rather early for a Saturday- 7:15! I guess hiking up and down hills in Wales is good for the body and soul because even at such an early time I was wide awake and ready to get to work. So far today I've done a little shopping around the village (fresh bread, cheese, veggies), went to the grocery for milk and yogurt, stopped by a local boutique and found the perfect shawl to go with my dress for the "ball" I'm going to next week, and then popped in at the library to pick up a movie I had reserved and finish a little research I was doing on Ancestry.com. Now after a lovely brunch using some of what I picked up this morning, I'm half watching Time Team and half reading for class on Monday. Some writing should also get done later this afternoon.

Hope you have a productive Saturday too or a lazy one if that's what you're after.
Just, Margaret

0 comments: