Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Anniversary Post

Today is the first anniversary of beginning this blog.  Just want to say thanks if you've been reading this on any kind of regular basis.  I've enjoyed rediscovering a love of writing that I think I'd really forgotten in the past.  Looking over the various posts from the past year, I have to say I feel really blessed to have so many good moments (eating crawfish in Louisianain New York with the US-2s, Labor Day and Christmas with the Nine, Green Bough retreat4th of July at home, snowy Bristol), awesome friends (international friends with whom I celebrated Halloween, Thanksgiving abroad, Rotary Club members on trips to London and Chichester, my tea party with Aunt June), and varied experiences (walking down and climbing back up to Clicket on my first fieldtrip, watching as Barack Obama was sworn in as president) to remember.  This year has been one of transition and writing about it has probably helped me to remain at peace through it all.  Transitioning from working as a US-2 to a post-graduate student has not been easy, but looking back it all seems to be part of a grander plan, one that I hope will eventually unite my two career interests (social justice and archaeology) more profoundly.  


Now I'm looking ahead to what this new year will bring with hope and joy at the prospect of growing more into my authentic self.  A new year... a continuing adventure.

Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Dori said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I have so thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and experiencing things through your eyes.

On a personal note, I want to thank you for coming to my blog in the very beginning and supporting me. It has been great to connect with another Georgia girl :-)

You have a wonderful day and I look so forward to reading more of what you have to say :-)