Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rotary District Conference

So I have 50+ photos from the weekend (oddly no good image of the beach), but since posting all those is a crazy idea.  I'll just post a few of my favorites.  Hope they are diverse enough to give you an idea about my weekend.  [smile]


"The Four Star Hotel"

Friday night festivities... Rotarians like to have fun. 

One of the Island's memorials to the Occupation

It wasn't all play.  

One of the quaint views I happened upon on my Saturday adventure.  
Some might say I got a little lost, I prefer to think I purposely took the scenic route to the Jersey War Tunnels. 

Jersey War Tunnels Museum... very nice exhibit

View from the really tiny plane.  

In other news, I finally finished reading Willa Cather's O Pioneers. It is one of the best books I've read.  I've now read about 3 of her books and Cather is such an amazing storyteller.  Read her.  Find out for yourself.  Anyway O Pioneers' ending was sad and beautiful and as I was reading on the plane, my eyes began to tear.  

Just, Margaret

0 comments: