Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

[sigh]



Written, revised, photos added and formatted, print and bound.  Aren't they beautiful?  I know the photo is a little silly, but at this point after a week and a half of intense writing these essays kinda feel like my babies and I had to show them off at least a little bit.  Tomorrow these three and their "twins" (we have to submit two copies of our work) will be put in the essay box, but for tonight they'll all proudly rest on my desk.  

I do have to say that I feel both excited and anxious about the work.  The essays are probably some of the best thoughts I've written ever.  In reality I feel fairly confident that these essays are better than last term's work, but I still had this small feeling of dread as I was walking back from the printers this afternoon- like what if I totally missed the point.  [smile]  That is why apart from taking the above photographs I've ignored the essays for the rest of the afternoon... a little iTunes browsing and ice cream as a reward for getting the essays done.  Tonight I'll rest well with nothing to haunt my dreams and tomorrow I'll celebrate with my class (tea with Jos, lunch with the rest of the gang, and drinks followed by drinks at two local pubs tomorrow night).  Thursday I'll have to get back to work... preparing for my presentation at the upcoming conference... but in the infamous words of Scarlett, "tomorrow (uh... Thursday) is another day." [smile]

Just, Margaret

2 comments:

josgigi said...

you look great with the papers!! see you tomorrow! =D

Dori said...

Congratulations!!!! Very well done :)