Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Did you know?

A miscellaneous post today with just a few short notes about things happening in March.  

  • Yesterday was Dr. Suess's 105th birthday.  Did you miss it?  I did, but I'm making up for it today by wearing my t-shirt with Horton, Thing 1, Thing 2, The Lorax.  [smile]  Looking for a way to celebrate visit Suessville.  
  • March is Women's History Month in the U.S. and March 8 is International Women's Day.  If you feel like assisting in the efforts to continue to combat violence against women, you might be interested in sending a letter to Senator Richard G. Lugar,
    Senator John F. Kerry, President Barack Obama, and Vice President Joseph R. Biden via the UM General Board of Church and Society's website to reintroduce the International Violence Against Women Act, which would support liberating programs for women all around the globe. Think about it.  
  • I would remiss not to note the major weather events that have occurred in the US Southeast over the last couple of days:  IT SNOWED IN MARCH!  From what I understand many places in Georgia received a fairly significant amount.  And definitely the thought of snow was enough to cancel school across the state and cause a run on staples at the grocery stores, I'm sure.  [smile]  Most of my blogging friends included posts about the natural wonder, but Lindsey's pictures are worth a 1000 words.
  • Finally, just thought I would remind you that Earth Hour that day where you can join people all over the world in fasting from electricity for an hour is coming up: March 28th.  If you plan to participate, sign up with one of these two websites:  UK or US.  Earth Hour was the topic of one of my first posts.  This year I will celebrate it, but probably not on that day as I will be spending a weekend with a Rotary Club away from Bristol.  I'll carve out a time either before or after.
  • Which brings me to my final point:  my first year of blogging is about to come to a close.  Which I find kinda exciting!  Not sure how I'll mark the day so if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments. 
Just, Margaret

0 comments: