Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


Me and Daddy, Easter, 2006

Today my dad celebrates his 52nd birthday.  Perhaps you can tell from the picture above (that is actually several years old... we need to take a new photo together when I'm back in the States [smile]) I'm a bit of a "daddy's girl".  I love him so much and feel so very blessed to be his daughter.  He's a great comforter (he's got to be... with three daughters), good listener.  He is a model of discernment, compromise, and love in his work.  I absolutely love having his voice in mind when I listen to certain passages of scripture read in all the churches I visit.  Speaking of my dad's voice, I can tell even over international phone lines when he's smiling and that he is happy that I've called.  He's taught me so many things about life- how to play backgammon, how to appreciate really good singer-songwriters and the beauty of the voice of an acoustic guitar, how to fly a kite, and how to admit that I don't (and can't) ever know everything.  His hugs are so steady and lasting.  I know he loves me and my sisters and my mother.  Like I said I am blessed.  
Happy Birthday, Daddy.
I love you.
xxoo, Margie

Just, Margaret

2 comments:

josgigi said...

Happy Birthday to you dad, margaret! =D

If there is a chance i really want to go to your dad's church and listen to him.

Also to visit your grammy.

Jos =D

josgigi said...

Happy Birthday to your dad, margaret! =D

If there is a chance i really want to go to your dad's church and listen to him.

Also to visit your grammy.

Jos =D