Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Grammy and Granddaddy!



On this day some years ago, my sweet grandparents were married in the little church just opposite of their current home.  I love to think of their beautiful love story.  My room in their house... (yes, I said "my room." It's purple which was my favorite color when they moved into their house.)... overlooks the churchyard.  And I love imagining what their wedding day was like.  I feel certain my grandmother looked absolutely beautiful and I'm sure my granddad was very handsome.  Their life was so full of promise and has proved to be very blessed not because of the location of the wedding, but because of their commitment to loving each other.  Still, I sometimes think that I would like someday to be married in that same little church.  

With love to Grammy and Granddaddy on their special day.  Just, Margaret

0 comments: