Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Royal Fort and the crowded library

Who knew that for months I've been studying within a block of an active archaeology site?  Moreover why did the Department not think to arrange a tour, especially when one of our activities last term was a map regression of the site?  I guess there's no use asking why.  I should probably just revel in the fact that I got to view the site today before it is possibly covered up again.  Sorry I don't have photos forgot my camera, but if you are desperate to see/read about what I'm describing, visit this website.  It was fun and who knows I might be in a background shot on the local BBC tonight.  Today was day two of Mark Horton's (one of my lecturers and BBC star archaeologist [smile]) media storm and they were filming while I was there.  


Now I'm in the crowded Arts and Social Sciences Library with stressed-out-prepping-for-exams undergraduates, which translates to a not so great studying environment.  Think I'll head home after checking out books in a few minutes to study... maybe in the garden.  We are having another glorious day.  

Just, Margaret

0 comments: