Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, April 10, 2009

A day out: Chew Lakes


Today Pat, my Rotary host here, took me out to visit some of the areas that she once visited for her job as a speech therapist for the hearing impaired in the local school system.  The Chew Lakes were absolutely beautiful, despite the cloudy, misty, very English day. [smile]  We also ate fresh trout from the lakes in the perfect English pub.  I learned I do like hard cider.  All in all a great day.  I took several photos but I think this one with a bit of late afternoon sunlight reflected on the water is my favorite and sums up the peace/relaxation of a day off from my grad school life.  


Just, Margaret

P.S. I know I still need to update you all about the conference.  I promise to get on that.  Expect something tomorrow or early next week.  

0 comments: