Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sushi Night

Sushi, I think, is one of those foods that you either love or hate.  And I happen to be of the former disposition.  I remember the first time I ate sushi in New York City with the US-2s.  It was a unique experience.  Harris drank a whole shot glass of soy sauce... but that's really another story for another time.  Back to tonight's festivities... Earlier this week some of my international friends, Jessie from Taiwan and Hiro from Japan invited me to join them this Saturday for sushi night.  I've never really made sushi at home, but told them I would join and bring some dessert.  To make a long story short, we had a great time and sushi night really turned into an international feast with cheese and quince jelly from Spain and Chinese rice and fish stew and Japanese sushi of course and to finish American style brownies.  [smile] We had so much food.  It was really amazing... one of those 5 loaves and 2 fish things.  I've always thought that the miracle was actually the generosity that the young boy inspired in the other people gathered.  All in all I had the most perfect Saturday night!   


Tomorrow morning worship meeting with the Quakers and tomorrow afternoon finishing up my presentation for Tuesday.  Busier day than I should have planned for one of my Lenten Sabbaths, but I'm just taking one day at a time and at least I've had tonight to recharge.   

Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there for that sushi night and have a picture of Harris taking the soy shot! haha!! Fun times! :)