Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Monday, April 6, 2009

Hyperventilating

Tomorrow is the day of my conference presentation.  I'm prepared:  have read over my presentation with slides several times, know what I'm going to wear, planted the questions I want to answer in the audience (okay so maybe that's an exaggeration, but I have tried to think through what I might say to certain questions that might be asked).  So why can't I catch my breath? (maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration too, but saying I'm nervous or have butterflies isn't quite as exciting. [smile])  Perhaps because my panel also includes papers given by two of my former lecturers or because this is a professional conference and I don't have my first professional qualification in archaeology yet.  Kinda freaking out here.  Any good thoughts you might want to send my way tomorrow around 2:30PM UK time would be so welcome.  


Just, Margaret

2 comments:

josgigi said...

margaret, did you say the conference is next week? is it tomorrow???

Dori said...

I hope that all went well :-)