Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Family Day (cajun style, of course)

Today I celebrated the beginning of summer and workplace community with my at-work family. Many crawfish were sacrificed for our celebration and now my hands bear the scent of spent shells, potatoes, and corn. I think its going to take a manicure to get my nails back to normal. [smile] Hope you enjoy the pictures. I've tried to caption them when appropriate.


Laissez les bon temps rouler, Margaret




Bags of live crawfish above... and me holding (just barely) a extra large live crawfish below. The crawfish I'm holding escaped the feast because on of the kids wanted to make him a pet.


Freddy, our warehouse foreman and cook for the afternoon.
Below crawfish hot out of the boiler.

Have you ever eaten a crawfish? It's hard work.
Members of our family pose behind the cake.

0 comments: