Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Monday, May 19, 2008

Tuesday 5/13: Salsa Dancing and a Tapas Bar



This afternoon we had a little free time. What did we do? Venture to Chelsea Market for free salsa lessons followed by a dance. Okay so I can see all of my friends' faces with mouths open in astonishment. Yes I danced. Actually I danced with about 15 different men... and maybe that was a bit misleading. I only danced with most of them for a few minutes each during our lesson, but I think it still counts. I did try out some of my moves on the dance floor following the lesson with Harris and some random guy. But it was definitely a combination of passing from partner to partner and my new shoes that gave me the awful blisters on my feet.

I love the photo below because even though its not in focus and that's not how I looked when I was dancing, but it was how the whole experience felt.

After dancing, Christina, Emily, and I went to a tapas bar (the guys bowed out), Cafe Andalucia, with the cutest old bartender from Spain about a block from Times Square.



Just dancing, Margaret

0 comments: