Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

I just finished my latest book for the local book club I belong to, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. This is the book that I read while in the airport last week and I could not put it down, which is a rare occasion with book club reads. I found it so compelling. I'm not sure if you are like me, but I have lots of books that I love and a few (about five) that I would consider favorites. Theses are the books that I have to have my copy of with me at all times. They are the first things I unpack and place in a new home. Well, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter has made it on to my favorites shelf, but tragically I don't own my copy... yet.

So pick up the book and read it if you haven't. I will give you fair warning: The rest of my book club were not fans. They found it a little too depressing, which I found quite odd. To me the book radiated hope for human connection.

Just reading, Margaret

0 comments: