Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull



I went to see the latest installment of the Indiana Jones saga last Friday night. I still feel kinda speechless. One thing I will say though is that the whole time I was watching the movie my one thought was "I can't wait to see this again." It was a classic! There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said by critics and fans alike.

I would like to give a short tribute to the score. I'm a huge fan of John Williams. I think he's one of the best movie composers around today. I mean, the music in Jurassic Park when the paleontologists see the dinosaurs for the first time always brings a tear to my eye. Plus, I remember so clearly the first time I played a John Williams medley on my flute in middle school. It definitely wasn't the most intricate transposition, but you could still hear the classic Williams themes. I thought the score of the fourth Indy film was familiar in the best ways and still new and exciting. It was one of the reasons I was looking forward to the movie and Williams totally delivered. Needless to say I loved the use of what I like to think of as Indiana's Theme, but what is really called the Raider's theme. Whenever he's about to appear or save the day the music shifts and you know all is well because Indy's on the way. So bravo John Williams!

That is all the gushing about this movie that I'm going to allow on my blog, I think.

Just, Margaret

0 comments: