Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mock [yeah] ing [yeah] bird [yeah]

This post has nothing to do with the song referenced in the title, although I do love James Taylor and Carly Simon's version of it. Click the link above if you're not sure what I'm talking about. I just happened to see two mockingbirds today "fighting." Have you ever seen that aggressive behavior I'm talking about? This may sound a little strange, but I think its really beautiful. To me it looks almost like a natural dance. Wings flared wide and flapping to reveal the grey and white. It really is the best way to look at a mockingbird.

Just musing, Margaret

0 comments: