Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Monday, June 9, 2008

I am not a French Chef!

Neither are tons of other people, but they seem to be able to combine eggs, milk, cheese, and vegetables to make an omelet. And I alas cannot. I've tried several times with all the best intentions (and some really great veggies, I might add) to no avail. I always end up with fancy scrambled eggs. Any advice from expert omelet makers out there would be greatly appreciated.

Just eating scrambled eggs until then, Margaret

3 comments:

JM said...

I always fail at omelets as well... I think it has something to do with patience and a flipping technique, both of which I lack. But fancy scrambled eggs can be nice :) Sorry, I'm in the same boat. Maybe this website will help.
http://www.deliaonline.com/cookery-school/how-to/how-to-make-an-omelette,5,AR.html

Katie B said...

I know the secret, but I always get impatient and end up with scrambled eggs as well. The secret is to use a spatula and lift up the cooked edge, and tilt the pan so that the runny egg goes under it. You keep doing this all around until the top is mostly cooked, then you fold it in half. I never liked that part, because I feel like the top should be cooked more. Let me know if it works for you!

Margaret said...

Thanks for the advice. My mom and I are supposed to work on the sucessful omelet technique this summer. Maybe by September I'll have it down.