Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Monday, June 23, 2008

The last this or that


Yesterday was my last Sunday at the little church I've attended since living in this community. Several times throughout the service I had people speak their goodbyes and during "passing of the peace" many hugs were shared all around. I have surprised myself a little at how little sadness I've felt through this whole process. Usually on the last Sunday before we moved, my whole family would be in tears. I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of feeling connected with this community. I do feel so much love for these people, but this whole process this time around feels more like a celebration than anything else, especially during the church service. I feel so grateful for my experience here, but I also feel very prepared and excited about moving on to a new experience. Two years of service after college was the right thing to do. Of that I am so self-assured, but now it is time to get back into school. I feel so much more empowered by the experiences I've had and look forward to exploring my discipline now with new eyes. I am very hopeful and so the tears haven't come.


Just, Margaret

0 comments: