Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, June 6, 2008

You've got mail!

One of my favorite times each day is when Bettye, our office Business Manager, goes to get the mail. Maybe this sounds kind of silly, but I always hope for a letter. And I guess I'm spoiled because rarely does a week go by without hearing from a UMW group or my grandparents or my mom or a member of my church in Georgia. Today I received a letter from both my mom and the Kelly's, members of my church. I had to smile because for a second it was like being at home. Both were fun to read. Ms. June shared with me about some books she was reading and my mom shared this poem about dancing. She said it reminded her of my adventures in New York City. I won't share the whole poem, but here are my favorite parts. It's called "Cast All Your Votes for Dancing."

Keep squeezing drops of the Sun
From your prayers and work and music
And from your companion's beautiful laughter...

You are with the Friend now.
Learn what actions of yours delight Him,
What actions of yours bring freedom
And love...

Now, sweet one,
Be wise.
Cast all your votes for Dancing!

Just dancing, Margaret

0 comments: