Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Waking up to wisdom from the Buddha

Today my "green" page-a-day calendar offered a quote from The Buddha.



What we think we become.



How apropos for a day when all my thoughts have been consumed with worries from work. I'm in the process of writing a proposal for a grant... something I've never done before and I'm totally overwhelmed. The people that this money could serve are in such need and I feel so much pressure not to let them down... to communicate their need in a succinct and efficient way. Also it sorta feels like this final challenge for my time as a US-2. I'm sure I'll get it done, but today I'm going to own this feeling of being overwhelmed so tomorrow I can pick it up and give it another go.

Just, Margaret

0 comments: