Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Not another box and no more tape, please.

This is an attempt to delay more of the inevitable cleaning out, sorting, and packing. I can so not function in my apartment right now. You would think a seasoned p.k.* would be so used to packing that I could get everything accomplished in just a few hours. I guess in our family packing has always been accompanied by a general spring cleaning or de-junking if you will, which I think is actually a very healthy process. It's nice not to feel weighed down by stuff, but still the whole process is not fun, especially going through it alone. At least when my family moved I had four other people to commiserate with about the growing piles of boxes and the the chaos. Thanks for letting me vent. Now back to packing.

Just, Margaret

*p.k.: preacher's kid, a.k.a. divinity school offspring. In the United Methodist Church, synonymous with nomad.

0 comments: