Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am so happy!

For the second time in two days I've had one of those epiphany moments when I realize how happy I am... to be me, doing the work I do, living on this campus, being a member of this community. That's as specific as I can be, but isn't contentment one of the best gifts to receive. Even knowing that I only have five full days of work left and that I will be leaving this place that has become my home, I remain content with my present and hopeful for my future. I've moved so many times in my life and this is the first time I've felt so much at peace. I think its a sign that the whole process is being guided/lead/ordained.

Each week my best college girlfriends, "The Nine," and I share a list of at least five things, events, people, circumstances, etc. for which we are grateful. It's a process that isn't always easy, but always rewarding. This past week or two a trend has developed. We have all expressed our gratitude for each other and email. As one of the my friends wrote, we all live relatively quiet, inconspicuous lives, but sharing our stories with each other makes them feel extraordinary and special! I'm so glad I have them with which to share my joy.

Just, Margaret

0 comments: