Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Big purchase

I bought a backpack for my trip to France in October! I don't usually spend this much money on myself apart from travel arrangements... at least at one time. I have to say it feels a bit like Christmas and as I clicked "submit order" at REI.com I had this rush of all the exciting places I plan to go with my backpack over the next year... Taize and Paris, journey back to the UK in February for graduation, D.C. in the Spring, and I hope road trips to Tennessee, Nebraska, South Carolina, and definitely back to Louisiana to visit friends and family. Perhaps I could even convince my sisters to go camping with me somewhere, since we'll all be in the same state for a change. I can't wait for it to arrive. [smile]


Just, Margaret

2 comments:

Katie B said...

Post a picture! Or a link!

Meghan said...

That's exciting!! Send us a picture of the back pack you got!!! Is it one Chucky Pooh recommended?!?!