Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Phish Food Excavation


Maybe I'm just going a bit insane with all the stress of dissertation writing, but last night as I happened upon what has to be the perfect ice cream for archaeologists. Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. Think about it... It has an easily discernible stratigraphy: marshmallow gooeyness, slightly hardened caramel, and chocolate ice cream! And the chocolate fish: artifacts! Am I right or am I right?

Just, Margaret

2 comments:

josgigi said...

hey did i tell you that when we were digging in Salisbury Plain, I actually thought that the soil thing after the chalk later really looked like 'rocky road' ice-cream?

haha

Bill said...

I think you are about ready for a vacation !!