Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Countdown Update

This is bound to be a pretty boring post I'm sure, but all my creative juices these days are directed toward classwork, so please forgive.  I basically wanted to update you all on the major progress that I've made since Tuesday night.  

6 more school days
10 more days till I head home
1 paper to go
Today I gave my first two MA presentations and I have to say that I feel like it went wonderfully.  One was all about the ethics involved in archaeologists role as historic preservationists and the other explored the materiality of a quilt made by my great grandmother, Ma Key (see photo below courtesy of 2nd cousin (once removed?) William Adams).  


Tonight to celebrate I'm attending my first Christmas party of the season with the Bristol Rotary club.  Tomorrow back to work, but for now we celebrate!

Just, Margaret

0 comments: