Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I am totally counting down!

I feel like I've been running a marathon over the last three months and I'm beginning to see the finish line.  So I know that I still have 8 days left in my term and 14 days until I get on a plane to fly back to Georgia for Christmas but I am totally counting down already.  I need a break and it is so close I can taste the sweet potato casserole and Grammy's dressing; hear my dad and Marty playing their guitars for our church Advent celebration; feel the first hugs from my family in the airport and Tootie's kisses when I enter the house; and smell the Christmas tree and apple cider.  I can't wait! 


Just, Margaret
8 more days of class
14 more days until I board the plane
2 more presentations and 1 more paper to write   

4 comments:

BEAT said...

Soon! So soon!

Dori said...

It's so wonderful that you are getting ready to have your visit. It all sounds great. It makes me think of "home" too. Have fun back home in Georgia :-)

Anonymous said...

I fully believe countdowns are good for the soul! :) Glad you are getting to spend Christmas at home!!!

Meghan said...

Margaret we cannot wait to see you!!!

We love you!
Megs and Faith Anne!