Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Packing

I've been packing all day and now I'm almost done... probably with way to much clothes and not enough of who knows what, but I am almost done.  Thank goodness.  I really hate packing.  It is just such a process and it seems like I always think it out way too much... thanks to my dad's genes I'm sure. [smile]  I've been trying to balance out the monotony with a Grey's Anatomy marathon.  It's the one show I decided to keep up with while abroad so I have like 9 episodes in my iTunes folder with which to indulge.  The one good thing about packing today is that it means I'll have all of tomorrow to enjoy a early afternoon party and a Salvation Army concert downtown.  Mostly it means no stress.  Well almost, I will admit that I'm always a little anxious about getting to the airport on time and remembering all my documents, although I have already checked my luggage several times for my visa/passport. [smile]  Best get back to work, I'm so close I might as well finish up.  


Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Dori said...

On my many trips across the Atlantic over the past few years, I'm the same...I checked and re-checked that I had my documents a million times :-) I always had the nightmare that I would arrive at the airport and my passport would be lying around somewhere back home. And I hear you on the packing...my least favorite thing to do.