Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gotcha!

CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT!


Its a family tradition to wake up on Christmas Eve and sneak up on the rest of the family to whisper or shout the above statement in their ear.  I think it began with my dad's family and I don't think its just some crazy "Bagwell" thing... let me know if your family plays this game too.  I remember taking part well forever.  Its not Christmas without the Christmas Eve Gift.  The consequence for hearing Christmas Eve Gift prior to uttering the words yourself is that you must give a small gift to that person.  Usually we just give each other a candy bar, ect.  This year for the first time ever I hope everyone says it to me first... I've got these great chocolate bars from England for their gifts.  It will be hard to resist the urge to say those three little words though... so far I've just been hiding out in my room.  [smile]

Just, Margaret

1 comments:

BEAT said...

I love you! CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT!

Where is my chocolate bar?